Rahul Dravid selected as Delhi Daredevils mentor in 2016 IPL

Former India captain most dependable batting legend Rahul Dravid was selected for 2016 IPL Delhi Daredevils' mentor in this season 9 Twenty20 tournament. Last Tuesday at press conference Delhi Daredevils announced Dravid as their mentor for the IPL season 9.Recently Dravid worked for as coach for India Under-19 team and took them to the final where they beat by West Indies

"Delhi Daredevils has a good mix of young and established players. It is great to be a part of Delhi Daredevils, I am looking forward to work with TA Sekhar and Paddy Upton," said Rahul Dravid.

"It is an exciting opportunity. I have never had the opportunity to play for Delhi but have played against them and coached against them, and you always looked them and thought there is so much potential. From what I see, the Daredevils have assembled a young and exciting squad and along with the support staff, I am hoping for a successful season," Dravid added.

Asked whether he will have a long association with Daredevils, Dravid explained, "Everything is dependent on a lot of things so we will take one step at a time. As of now, I am looking forward to the next three months and we will take the future as it comes." Dravid recalled his days with Rajasthan.

"I have got fond memories there (of Royals). It is pretty obvious why the opportunity came. I thought I won't be involved in the IPL for the next couple of years. It is natural (to feel the connect) if you spend five years at any place. "Having said that, I am looking forward to building some great associations at Daredevils. I have known some of the people here for a long time. Hopefully, we can have a good season," he said.

Previously Dravid works with Rajasthan Royals (RR) as their mentor. However, with the team suspended for 2 years due to betting and spot-fixing charges in IPL 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment